Warner L. Baxter
Director since December 2015
Business experience: Mr. Baxter is the Executive Chairman and Former Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Ameren Corporation, a regulated electric and gas utility company serving customers in Missouri and Illinois. He has served as the Executive Chairman since January 2022. Prior to his current role, Mr. Baxter served as Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Ameren Corporation from 2014 to January 2022. Mr. Baxter also serves as the Chairman of the Edison Electric Institution, an association representing all U.S. investor-owned electric companies. He has served in this role since June 2022 and was Vice Chairman from 2020 to 2022. Mr. Baxter served as Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Ameren Missouri from 2009 to 2014 and as Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Ameren Corporation from 2003 to 2009. Before joining Ameren, Mr. Baxter served as a Senior Manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (PwC).
Other public company directorships:
- Ameren Corporation since 2014 (Executive Chairman)
Skills and qualifications:
- Chief executive experience: Mr. Baxter’s experience as a recent CEO of a Fortune 500 company provides valuable leadership insight and knowledge of strategic growth to the Board.
- Community or sustainability leadership: Mr. Baxter’s leadership relating to the environmental and sustainability strategy at a regulated electric and gas utility company provides him with valuable insights and experience relating to important sustainability and environmental stewardship issues.
- Corporate governance: Mr. Baxter has gained significant corporate governance expertise through his service as the Executive Chairman and Chairman of a large public company, as well as through his current leadership of the Audit Committee.
- Financial reporting and accounting: Through his past experience as the CFO and Controller of a large publicly traded company and through his experience at PwC, Mr. Baxter brings extensive financial reporting and accounting expertise to our Board.
- Other regulated industry expertise: As the Executive Chairman and the recent President and CEO of a company in a highly regulated industry, as well as the Chairman of the industry association representing all U.S. investor-owned electric companies, Mr. Baxter provides valuable perspective on regulatory and business challenges facing our company.
- Risk management: As the recent President and CEO of a company in a critical infrastructure industry and through his experience at PwC, Mr. Baxter brings valuable risk management expertise to our Board of Directors.