Warner L. Baxter
Director since 2015
Business experience: Mr. Baxter is the Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Ameren Corporation, a regulated electric and gas utility company serving customers in Missouri and Illinois. He has served in these positions since 2014. Mr. Baxter served as Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Ameren Missouri from 2009 to 2014 and as Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Ameren Corporation from 2003 to 2009. In addition, he also served as President and Chief Executive Officer of Ameren Services from 2007 to 2009.
Other public company directorships:
- Ameren Corporation since 2014 (Chairman)
Skills and qualifications:
- Chief executive experience: Mr. Baxter’s experience as a current CEO of a Fortune 500 company provides valuable leadership insight to the Board.
- Corporate governance: Mr. Baxter has gained significant corporate governance expertise through his service as the Chairman of a large public company.
- Financial reporting and accounting: Through his past experience as the CFO and Controller of a large publicly traded company, Mr. Baxter brings extensive financial reporting and accounting expertise to our Board.
- Other regulated industry expertise: As the current President and CEO of a company in a highly regulated industry, Mr. Baxter provides valuable perspective on regulatory and business challenges facing our company.
- Risk management:As the current President and CEO of a company in a critical infrastructure industry, Mr. Baxter brings valuable risk management expertise to our Board of Directors.