Roland A. Hernandez
Director since January 2012
Business experience: Mr. Hernandez is the Founding Principal and Chief Executive Officer of Hernandez Media Ventures, a privately held company engaged in the acquisition and management of media assets. He has served in this capacity since January 2001. Mr. Hernandez served as Chairman of Telemundo Group, Inc., a Spanish-language television and entertainment company, from 1998 to 2000 and as President and Chief Executive Officer from 1995 to 2000. He previously served on the Board of Directors of The Ryland Group, Inc., Sony Corporation, and Walmart Inc.
Other public company directorships:
- Fox Corporation since 2019 (Audit Committee Chair; Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee)
- Take‑Two Interactive Software, Inc. since 2019 (Compensation Committee)
- Belmond Ltd. (formerly Orient Express Hotels Ltd.) from 2013 to 2019
- Vail Resorts, Inc. from 2002 to 2019
- MGM Resorts International from 2002 to 2021
Skills and qualifications:
- Chief executive experience: Mr. Hernandez’s experience as a former CEO of Telemundo provides valuable leadership insight and operational and strategic knowledge to the Board.
- Corporate governance: Through his past experience as the Chairman or Lead Director of several public companies, Mr. Hernandez brings to our Board significant expertise in corporate governance issues and best practices.
- Customer experience: Mr. Hernandez brings deep expertise of customer expectations to our Board and adds a perspective on customer opportunities, gained through his prior experience as the leader of a consumer-focused company and through his service on the boards of directors of numerous customer focused companies.
- Financial reporting and accounting: With his extensive past and current experience on the audit committees of the boards of public companies, Mr. Hernandez brings broad financial reporting and accounting expertise to our Board.