Kimberly J. Harris
Director since October 2014
Business experience: Ms. Harris is the retired President and Chief Executive Officer of Puget Energy, Inc., an energy services holding company, and its subsidiary Puget Sound Energy, Inc., a utility company providing electric and natural gas service in the northwest United States. She served in these positions from March 2011 until her retirement in January 2020. Ms. Harris served as President of Puget Energy and Puget Sound Energy from July 2010 through February 2011 and as Executive Vice President and Chief Resource Officer from May 2007 until July 2010. Prior to joining Puget Energy, Ms. Harris practiced law at Perkins Coie.
Other public company directorships:
- American Water Works Company, Inc. since 2019 (Executive Development and Compensation, and Safety, Environmental, Technology and Operations Committees)
- Puget Energy, Inc. and Puget Sound Energy, Inc. from 2011 to 2020
Skills and qualifications:
- Chief executive experience: Ms. Harris’s experience as a CEO provides valuable leadership and executive management perspective to our Board gained by leading a large company through challenging economic and regulatory environments.
- Community or sustainability leadership: Ms. Harris’s experience as CEO and former chief resource officer of an energy services holding company provides her with important perspectives on environmental sustainability and related risk matters.
- Other regulated industry expertise: Ms. Harris’s experience as the leader of a company in a heavily regulated industry gives her valuable expertise in managing a complex business in the context of an extensive regulatory regime.
- Risk management: As the recently retired President and CEO and current Board member of companies in critical infrastructure industries, Ms. Harris brings valuable risk management experience and perspectives to our Board.