Karen S. Lynch
Director since 2015
Business experience: Ms. Lynch is the President and Chief Executive Officer of CVS Health Corporation, a diversified health services and health care company. She has served in this position since February 2021. Ms. Lynch served as Executive Vice President of CVS Health Corporation, and President of its Aetna Business Unit, from November 2018 to February 2021. She served as President of Aetna, Inc., a diversified health care benefits company, from 2014 until CVS Health’s acquisition of Aetna in November 2018. Ms. Lynch served as Executive Vice President of Aetna’s Local and Regional business from 2013 to 2014 and Executive Vice President of Aetna’s Specialty Products business from 2012 to 2013. She served as President of Magellan Health Services Inc., a health care management company, from 2009 to 2012. Ms. Lynch began her career as a Certified Public Accountant at auditing firm Ernst & Young LLP.
Other public company directorships:
- CVS Health Corporation since 2021
Skills and qualifications:
- Chief executive experience: Ms. Lynch brings valuable leadership expertise as a current CEO of a Fortune 10 company in the health care field during the current pandemic and economic environment.
- Financial reporting and accounting: Ms. Lynch’s past experience as a CPA and public company auditor provides valuable financial reporting and accounting expertise to our Board.
- Financial services industry expertise: Ms. Lynch’s extensive insurance industry experience provides her with valuable financial services industry expertise.
- Risk management: Ms. Lynch contributes valuable risk management expertise in the financial services industry through her experience leading a large health care benefits company.