Director since 2017
Business experience: Mr. Cecere is the Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of U.S. Bancorp. He has served in this position since April 2018. He served as President and Chief Executive Officer from April 2017 to April 2018, as well as President and Chief Operating Officer from January 2016 to April 2017, after having served as Vice Chairman and Chief Operating Officer from January 2015 until January 2016. From February 2007 until January 2015, Mr. Cecere served as U.S. Bancorp's Vice Chairman and Chief Financial Officer, after having served as Vice Chairman, Wealth Management and Investment Services of U.S. Bancorp since the merger of Firstar Corporation and U.S. Bancorp in February 2001. Previously, he had served as an executive officer of the former U.S. Bancorp, including as Chief Financial Officer from May 2000 through February 2001.
- Donaldson Company, Inc. since 2013 (Audit Committee)
Skills and qualifications:
- Chief executive experience: As CEO of U.S. Bancorp, Mr. Cecere brings to all Board discussions and deliberations deep knowledge of our company and its business.
- Financial reporting and accounting: Through his service on the audit committee of a public company, as well as his past experience as CFO of U.S. Bancorp, Mr. Cecere brings valuable financial reporting and accounting expertise to our Board.
- Financial services industry expertise: Mr. Cecere has deep expertise in the financial services industry, gained through a career of more than 30 years at U.S. Bancorp.
- Risk management: Mr. Cecere brings to our Board valuable risk management expertise gained through his work as CFO, Chief Operating Officer, and then CEO of U.S. Bancorp during the challenging regulatory and market environment of recent years.