Director since 2017
Business experience: Mr. Cecere is Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of U.S. Bancorp. Mr. Cecere, 61, has served as President since 2016, Chief Executive Officer since 2017 and Chairman since 2018. He previously served as Chief Operating Officer from 2015 to 2017, and he was Vice Chairman and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of U.S. Bancorp from 2007 to 2015. From 2001 to 2007, he was Vice Chairman of Wealth Management and served as CFO of the former U.S. Bancorp from 2000 to 2001. Andy joined the finance group at the former U.S. Bancorp in 1985. Andy earned his MBA in finance from the University of Minnesota and a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and Finance from the University of St. Thomas. He serves on the board of overseers for the Carlson School of Management at the University of Minnesota, and the board of trustees for the University of St. Thomas. He is active with Bank Policy Institute (BPI), Business Council, Business Roundtable, and The Clearing House (TCH).
Other public company directorships:
- Donaldson Company, Inc. from 2013 to 2021
Skills and qualifications:
- Chief executive experience: As CEO of U.S. Bancorp, Mr. Cecere brings to all Board discussions and deliberations deep knowledge of our company and its business.
- Financial reporting and accounting: Through his service on the audit committee of a public company, as well as his past experience as CFO of U.S. Bancorp, Mr. Cecere brings valuable financial reporting and accounting expertise to our Board.
- Financial services industry expertise: Mr. Cecere has deep expertise in the financial services industry, gained through a career of more than 30 years at U.S. Bancorp.
- Risk management: Mr. Cecere brings to our Board valuable risk management expertise gained through his work as CFO, Chief Operating Officer, and then CEO of U.S. Bancorp during the challenging regulatory and market environment of recent years.