Alan B. Colberg
Director since January 2023
Business experience: Mr. Colberg is the retired President and Chief Executive Officer of Assurant, Inc., a financial services company providing specialty insurance products and services. He served as Chief Executive Officer and a director of Assurant from January 2015 to December 2021, and as its President from 2014 to May 2021, prior to his retirement in January 2022. Prior to those roles, he served as Executive Vice President of Marketing and Business Development. Before joining Assurant in March 2011, Mr. Colberg served in various senior leadership roles for 22 years at Bain & Company, Inc., a management consulting company, where he served as global head of Bain’s financial services practice, among other roles. Early in his career, Mr. Colberg worked as an accountant for The Procter & Gamble Company.
Other public company directorships:
- Corebridge Financial, Inc. since 2022 (Audit Committee Chair)
- Assurant, Inc. from 2015 to 2021
- CarMax, Inc. from 2015 to 2018
Skills and qualifications:
- Chief executive experience: As the former President and CEO of Assurant, Mr. Colberg provides valuable leadership and management expertise to our Board.
- Corporate governance: Mr. Colberg brings significant corporate governance expertise to our Board gained from his experience as the President and CEO of a public company and through his experience as a current and past board member and committee chair of multiple public companies, including as the former chair of the Nominating and Governance Committee at CarMax.
- Financial reporting and accounting: Through his service as CEO of Assurant, as a member and chair of the audit committees of the boards of public companies, and his accounting and educational background, Mr. Colberg brings financial reporting and accounting experience to our Board.
- Financial services industry expertise: Mr. Colberg’s experience as the recently retired President and CEO of a financial services company and former head of the financial services practice at large consulting company provides important expertise to our Board on managing the economic and regulatory environment currently facing our company.
- Risk management: Through his vast experience as the President and CEO of a financial services company and as the global head of the financial services practice at Bain, Mr. Colberg brings valuable risk management experience to our Board.