Roland A. Hernandez
Director since 2012
Business experience: Mr. Hernandez, 61, is the Founding Principal and Chief Executive Officer of Hernandez Media Ventures, a privately held company engaged in the acquisition and management of media assets. He has served in this capacity since January 2001. Mr. Hernandez served as Chairman of Telemundo Group, Inc., a Spanish-language television and entertainment company, from 1998 to 2000 and as President and Chief Executive Officer from 1995 to 2000.
- MGM Resorts International since 2002 (Lead Director; Compensation Committee Chair; Audit and Corporate Social Responsibility Committees)
- Vail Resorts, Inc. since 2002 (Lead Director; Nominating and Governance Committee Chair and Executive Committee)
- Fox Corporation since 2019 (Audit Committee Chair; Compensation and Nominating and Governance Committees)
- Belmond Ltd. (formerly Orient Express Hotels Ltd.) from 2013 to 2019 since 2013 (Chairman)
Skills and qualifications:
- Chief executive experience: As the Founding Principal and CEO of Hernandez Media Ventures and the former Chairman, President and CEO of a television and entertainment company, Mr. Hernandez has gained business expertise that is particularly relevant to a major consumer bank such as U.S. Bank.
- Corporate governance: As the Chairman or Lead Director of three public companies, Mr. Hernandez brings to our Board significant expertise in current corporate governance issues and practices.
- Financial reporting and accounting: With his extensive past and current experience on the audit committees of the boards of public companies, Mr. Hernandez brings broad financial reporting and accounting expertise to our Board.