Arthur D. Collins Jr.
Business experience: Mr. Collins, 71, is the retired Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Medtronic, Inc., a leading medical device and technology company. Mr. Collins served as Chairman of Medtronic from 2002 until August 2008 and Chief Executive Officer from 2002 until August 2007. Mr. Collins served as President of Medtronic from 1996 to 2002 and also as Chief Operating Officer from 1994 to 2002. From 2009 to 2019, Mr. Collins acted as a senior advisor for Oak Hill Capital Partners, which manages a private equity portfolio of over $8 billion of private equity capital and over $20 billion of investment capital. He is also a managing partner of Acorn Advisors, LLC, which provides consulting services to nonprofit organizations.
- The Boeing Company since 2007 (Compensation Committee Chair; Governance, Organization and Nominating Committee)
- Cargill, Incorporated from 2000 to 2018
- Arconic Inc. (formerly Alcoa Inc.) from 2010 to 2019
Skills and qualifications:
- Chief executive experience: Mr. Collins’s experience as CEO of Medtronic gives him a broad perspective on a variety of complex business and financial issues that is valuable in his service on our Board.
- Corporate governance: Mr. Collins’s experience on the boards of several large public companies has given him significant corporate governance expertise.